Selecting the Best Roofing Services Perth
Finding the best roofing services Perth can be challenging. It requires you spending a fair bit of time going through what you need, researching local businesses, and getting quotes. It’s always a good idea to choose a roofer that has a lot of experience but you also need to check on a variety of other things as well.
With that in mind, we’ve outlined a few things below you should consider before making a decision.
Roofing Perth: What You Need to Know to Pick the Right Roofer
The first thing you should do after shortlisting roofing contractors is to contact 3 of them. That way you’ll be able to find out more about the roofing services they offer and get the best deal you can.
Once you do that, you need to check that the contractor you hire has all the licenses that they need in order to work in your local area. While you’re at it, you should also ask the roofer for their ABN, address, and contact number. These will show that they have a legitimate business. There are many scams in the industry so obviously you need to avoid these at all costs.
And don’t forget to check that they have all the relevant insurances. This is very important because if there are any issues at all with the job, they can be covered by the contractors insurance. If not, the repairs will come out of your pocket if something should go wrong.
It’s also a good idea to ask them for a list of references and past clients. Online reviews can also be helpful when making your final decision.
It’s worth asking them how many people are going to work on your project and, of course, you’ll need to know whether there will be any warranty for the work they do or not.
Finally, once you have all the information you need you can make a decision and move forward with your chose roofers. Make sure you get a contract so everything is in writing.
10 Tips for Choosing Roofing Services Perth
We summarise 10 of the best tips to help you select the right roofer for the job.
- Always ask for references from their previous customers. If you’re finding it hard to make a difference between several quotes, usually you can see which is the best contractor via the previous work that they did.
- Check if the roofing company delivers an estimate and a written contract.
- Should there be any problems, make sure that you handle the insurance claim on your own. It’s better to do that instead of leaving the contractor to handle it.
- If possible, ask the roofing services provider to offer an extended installation warranty. This will help you get better protection and coverage for your roof so it’s always worth it.
- Look for the roofing company’s offline and online review rating. There are plenty of places online where you can check word of mouth reviews.
- See if the roofing contractor uses any subcontractors or not. Usually these subcontractors can help speed up the job so it’s finished quicker.
- Make sure that the roofing contractors you want to work with are licensed are insured. Proper insurance and licensing are crucial for any good roofing services provider.
- Check to see if they have support personnel, a warehouse and an office. With so many scams on the market it never hurts to make sure that you are working with a legit business.
- Obtain at least 3 quotes. It’s always a good idea to check prices before deciding – but never just choose the cheapest or you could end up with a dodgy job.
- See how many years experience each company brings to the market. Obviously, a company that’s well established is likely to be able to do the job and offer better prices.
Licensing of Roofers in Western Australia
Always check the roofers credentials and expertise. And keep in mind that your roof will need to be replaced over time. All roofers will tell you that, so don’t expect to buy a roof for an entire lifetime. You’ll also need to maintain and repair it as well.
Roofing is such an important part of building construction, that special skills are required. These ensure that a building is waterproof and that water runoff from the roof is controlled. Because of the different skill sets required by roofers in Australia, many states require different licences for different types of roofing jobs. These may include:
- Metal Roofing
- Metal Cladding
- Roof Slating
- Roof Tiling
- Roof Plumbing
In addition to installing a new roof, roofing contractors also might engage in other related jobs such as:
- Roof repair
- Guttering installation
- Roof and guttering removal and replacement
- Minor repairs to the roof support system
It’s the Building Commission of the Department of Commerce that governs building-related trades in WA. One of two types of building licence is required throughout the state for any work that costs $20,000 or more. These include:
- A Practitioner’s Licence authorises the holder to carry out or supervise building work.
- A Contractor’s Licence authorises the holder to enter into contracts and appoint subcontractors.
All the best and most reputable roofing companies in WA are registered building contractors and belong to an associated trade organisation such as the Master Builders Association (MBA) and/or the Housing Industry Association (HIA). So make sure you check that any roofing services Perth contractor that you are considering hiring has these building licenses.
Roofing Services Perth: Go for Local!
Remember to choose only a local roofer, don’t opt for the services outside your local area. The local roofers will always know specifics about your local area so choosing with them is a much better option.
In the end, finding the best roofing services Perth is not that hard to do. You just need to focus on results and getting the best quality. It will be a challenge at first, but with the right approach all of these results can be very well worth it!
RELATED ARTICLE: Roof Plumber Perth